12 Comments

1. Erin
    3rd March 2016 @ 10:37 am

I HATE auto DMs to me as a blogger it screams they think they are better, they won’t follow back and they don’t have time to actually say hello. To me they are plain rude. I go to the effort to avoid their blog as soon as I get an auto DM, I’m a person not a number 🙂

• Aine
      3rd March 2016 @ 10:42 am

It feels similar for me too. It’s quite impersonal and doesn’t really add value.

2. Michelle
    3rd March 2016 @ 11:59 am

They’re not my favourites. At all. And I do struggle to see how they work for ANYONE. But I guess they must because it keeps happening! For me the crux of the whole thing is in the ‘social’ bit of social media, instead of being talked at, I want to be engaged in a bit of chitter chatter.
    Well said!

• Aine
      3rd March 2016 @ 12:04 pm

Me too! I wonder are some people working of suggestions made by crowdfire, it seems to be where most of them are generated. I’m always a bit disappointed when I get one. Like you I love a good chat instead!

3. Elaine
    3rd March 2016 @ 1:13 pm

Urgh! I have auto DMs as well. It really puts me off when I see them, it’s like they are trying too hard. Same thing with pop ups asking for your email address as soon as you land on their site!!

• Aine
      3rd March 2016 @ 1:36 pm

It is something odd like that. I don’t mind the email pop up as much, although they should definitely tweak the settings a bit to give it a bit longer. At least it doesn’t arrive in your inbox asking you to check everything out. I think the fact that it’s impersonal but arrives in my inbox, that’s the bit the frustrates me. I feel like another number. A pop-up you can ignore and close.

4. Anonymous
    3rd March 2016 @ 11:50 pm

ugh I dread those auto messages! I avoid them like the plague and would never use them lol 😛

• Aine
      4th March 2016 @ 7:32 am

Me neither! Go team 🙂

5. Jasmine (@jasminetalksblg)
    4th March 2016 @ 9:45 pm

I honestly will never understand why people use these – it almost makes me want to unfollow them lol. As you say, if I’ve followed then I’ve already visited their blog and decided I like their content so don’t need reminding. I feel like at best they’re unnecessary and at worst their plain annoying! xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

• Aine
      4th March 2016 @ 9:59 pm

Very much agree. I often wonder at what point they thought it was a good idea. I thought maybe it’s newbies that are taking advice directly from crowdfire – which would of course promote one of their functions. However, some of these people have a decent following and have been clearly at it a while! So maybe they’ve lost that connection to their audience anyway? Either way, it’s terrible logic.

6. Melissa Lee
    12th July 2017 @ 11:05 am

I don’t like those automated messages either, they get so irritating! Like you say, if you follow someone you already know a bit about them. I’ve received quite a few recently and don’t understand how anyone thinks they’re welcome at all.

• Aine
      13th July 2017 @ 11:13 am

I’m still surprised when I receive them, they should have stopped by now. It always feels a bit intrusive and out of date. Not a fan.