12 Comments

1. Amina ~ AliandHer
    23rd September 2016 @ 10:59 am

The more events I go to the more I am starting to see familiar faces which is nice. It can be quite daunting at first but Bloggers, brands and the hosts are usually so nice and welcoming. Some great advice though xx

Amina xx

Ali & Her

• Aine
      23rd September 2016 @ 11:04 am

Definitely very daunting at first, there seems to be quite a few people that are going to their first events at the minute. I generally prefer going alone, it gives me more opportunity to meet new people and do my own thing 🙂

2. Amy
    23rd September 2016 @ 12:32 pm

I find drink helps a lot! Another reason to turn up early is that you can be there when there are only a few and it is easier to talk and introduce yourself. Turning up to a very full room, like I always do, is a little overwhelming!
    Amy at Amy & More

• Aine
      23rd September 2016 @ 12:59 pm

This is also a winner, although I sometimes find it daunting walking into an empty room – then you’re forced to chat to someone – which I suppose is actually good thing lol. In a full room it’s easier to hide 🙂 Yep, I’m a walking contradiction

3. Joanne Mallon (@joannemallon)
    23rd September 2016 @ 3:43 pm

I agree with turning up early. It’s so much easier to turn up to a relatively empty room than one that is already full and buzzing with people deep in conversation. The organisers are usually relieved that anybody’s turned up and you get much more chance to talk to people before it gets busy.

• Aine
      23rd September 2016 @ 4:44 pm

That’s also true! I kinda give it about 10/15mins if I can, so others can be the first in, just to break the silence and then I can join – whole other different set of nerves there lol. It is nice when it’s quiet though – although I’m also a fan of lots of people being there, it means I can blend in a bit easier!

4. Lauren
    23rd September 2016 @ 6:13 pm

Great tips, I think it’s definitely important to get there a little early so you can familiarize yourself with the setting, it makes you feel much calmer before an event doesn’t it 🙂

Little Lauren’s Blog

• Aine
      23rd September 2016 @ 7:31 pm

It really does! Give you a moment to think and catch your breath 🙂

5. Erin
    25th September 2016 @ 4:20 pm

You have reminded me I need to get business cards, I seem to be incapable of saying my blog name in public without sounding like an idiot, I get so nervous lol

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Aine
      25th September 2016 @ 5:08 pm

Business cards are so handy – make sure to put your face on there. I used to feel like that too, the more I’ve done it, the easier it has gotten…I also switched from Aine Beauty to Honestly Aine which made me happier too 🙂

6. Iga Berry (@igaberry1)
    26th September 2016 @ 5:06 pm

Hahaha planning to meet 3 new people sounds so corporate! But you are right it is a great way to meet new people. Iga

• Aine
      26th September 2016 @ 7:55 pm

It does a bit, but it helps use step outside our comfort zone and actually get chatting folks 🙂